Poky Build System Updates
- Task-based shared state
- Split packages directory (now recipes-*)
- BSP layer specification
- Enhanced layer support
- Support for multiple build directories
- Support for read-only central installs
- Ability to build GPL v2-only target images
- Swapper integrated to detect host contamination
- Shared state and checksumming leading to pre-built binary support
Prelink Tool Integration
- Integration of cross prelink tools into Poky
- GCC 4.5.0
- Binutils 2.20.1
- eglibc 2.12 is the default libc provider
New and Updated Recipes
- Major update of core recipes
- Added additional packages towards LSB support
- Added QT4 Libraries and demo code
- Xorg stack updates
- Yocto embedded kernel (2.6.35) and support tools
- Default to rpm packaging backend (ipk and deb still available)
- Used pseudo for setting ownership and permissions
- Software package Management now uses RPM5 and Zypper
Standalone Yocto SDK Generator
- Enable embedded application development
- Generated by Poky
- Consists of a sysroot representing a target system
- Includes a standalone cross compiler and cross build tools to isolate the two systems
Yocto SDK Generator IDE Plug-ins
- Works within IDE using Yocto sysroot environment and cross platform toolchains
- Remote user space tool suite interaction
- Eclipse support
- Anjuta support
Yocto SDK Generator remote agent
- TCF extension allowing remote control
- Runs on the target "device"
Manage tasks (e.g. deployment, launching remote tools, setup cross debugging session)
Qemu basic system simulation/emulation
- Enhanced with GL passthrough (x86)
- User mode NFS support
User space tool suite for target device tuning, analyzing and optimizing, which includes
- ftrace/lttng user space
Host side clients for tools on target devices and IDE interaction, which includes
Updated Documentation includes
- Core Reference Manual Updated
- BSP Developer's Guide
- Quick Start Guide
See http://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org for details.
- 382 - OprofileUI cross endian issues.
- 439 - No audio from the Blacksand board Front Channel audio jack. Workaround: run the following cmd: 'amixer sset 'Front" 30 on'
- 467 - Issues building with Fedora 14. This distribution provided a version of make that is not compatible with the Poky build system. The workaround is to build a native version of make via the build system. Users of Fedora 14 will need to do a 'bitbake make-native' before running any other targets.
- 429 - Building poky from scratch with /opt/poky in your path causes host contamination issues. Be sure that /opt/poky is not in your path if you are building from scratch.
- 160 - Emenlow Hardware gets stuck in the reboot sequence and needs to be power cycled.
Zypper / RPM Issues
- 489/490/491 - Due to some architectural differences between zypper and RPM5.0, there are some compatibility issues that prevent zypper from working correctly. Packages can still be managed with the rpm commands.
- Yocto Project Quick Start - To start the emulator you need to specify the fstype as part of the command line: