Following are features, updates, and know issues for this release of the Yocto Project.
Features and updates
* LTTNG 2.0 is integrated, replacing the unusable LTTNG 0.9.7.
* Installation from a live image works.
* The build output from a bitbake -f run are not ignored later.
* Disable disk usage monitor on btrfs and other file systems that don't support statvfs.f_files, as bitbake was incorrectly believing that the filesystem was always full.
* Improve license manifest collection.
* Add Debian 7.0 as a tested distribution.
* 3655: runqemu-extract-sdk is unable to extract rootfs if meta-toolchain isn't installed in the default directory
* 3756: crosstap and stap fail in core-image-sato-sdk (pre 1.4M3)
* 3792: Missed development packages using IMAGE_FEATURES+="dev-pkgs"
* 3558: guile fails to compile in world build - maybe parallelism issue
* 3549: rt-tests: do_compile failed with "ld: cannot find -lrttest"
* 3580: Security Advisory - libxml2 - CVE-2012-2871
* 3564: Security Advisory - squashfs - CVE-2012-4025
* 3233: error when selecting kernel version 3.4 in yocto bsp tool
* 3731: yocto-bsp creates kernel bbappend files that override settings even when other machines are active
* 3581: Security Advisory - librsvg - CVE-2011-3146
* 3583: Security Advisory - cups - CVE-2011-3170
* 3582: Security Advisory - cups - CVE-2011-2896
* 3579: Security Advisory - cups - CVE-2012-5519
* 2502: mDNS resolving is very slow
* 2138: live image fails to boot if size exceeds 1 GB
* 3413: [Performance] Use the profiling and tracing tools to see where build performance might be improved
* 3513: Security Advisory - squashfs - CVE-2012-4024
* 3503: additions to IMAGE_INSTALL_append go unnoticed
* 3484: do_package_write_* reexecuted on checksum change even with OEBasic
* 3398: Can not build any image. Hob freezes after selecting an base image.
* 2645: [DOC] The ADT documentation should be improved to include additional command line instructions
* 3487: Security Advisory - libproxy - CVE-2012-4504
Depending on configuration and existing sstate, images may try to
install both lttng-ust and lttng2-ust into an image, which will fail.
To work around this, bitbake -ccleansstate all of the lttng recipes.
This will be resolved in danny 8.0.2